Tonight (3/8), we’re at the Rackspace Launch with a pony rack of servers (6 nodes) where we will run a LIVE DEMO of our cloud installer (codename “Crowbar”). The initial offer includes my hyperscale white paper and our cloud foundation kit.
Added 3/9: Links to articles about the release:
- The Reg: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/08/dell_poweredge_c_openstack
- RedMonk: http://www.redmonk.com/cote/2011/03/08/your-very-own-openstack-cloud-quick-analysis/
- Network World: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/030811-openstack-cloud.html
Dell is one of the original partners in the OpenStack community, which has now grown to more than 50 companies and participants. To accelerate adoption of this powerful platform, Dell has worked to develop an effortless out-of-box OpenStack experience with:
- Optimized PowerEdge™ C-based hardware configurations
- A technical whitepaper that details the design of an OpenStack hyperscale cloud on PowerEdge C server technology
- An OpenStack installer that allows bare metal deployment of OpenStack clouds in a few hours (vs. a manual installation period of several days)
Interested? Contact OpenStack@Dell.com.