Welcome to the weekly post of the RackN blog recap of all things Digital Rebar, RackN, SRE, and DevOps. If you have any ideas for this recap or would like to include content please contact us at email@example.com or tweet Rob (@zehicle) or RackN (@rackngo)
Items of the Week
Have you registered to join our RackN Beta Program? Simply click over to our Beta Program page and learn more about this opportunity to engage directly with RackN engineering and the Digital Rebar Community to automate and provision your existing infrastructure just like the public cloud providers. In fact, for users of Terraform we have our bare metal plugin available in the Beta to enhance your existing Terraform solution. It’s simple to join the Beta Program via our website.
L8ist Sh9y Podcast
From Rob Hirschfeld’s post on this newly launched podcast:
We feel there’s still room for deep discussions specifically around automated IT Operations in cloud, data center and edge; consequently, we’re branching out to start including deep interviews in addition to our initial stable of IT Ops deep technical topics like Terraform, Edge Computing, Gartner Symposium review, Kubernetes and, of course, our own Digital Rebar.
This past week our guest was Mark Thiele of Apcera where we covered Mark’s thought on why public cloud will be under 20% of IT and culture issues head on.
Soundcloud Subscription Information
Digital Rebar Online Community Meetup #3
- Next Tuesday at 11am PST is our third Online Meetup – Join Us
Stay in Touch with the Community:
- Digital Rebar: http://rebar.digital/
- Documentation for Digital Rebar: http://provision.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#
- Slack Sign Up (preferred method): https://www.rackn.com/support/slack
- IRC Freenode: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23digitalrebar
- Gitter: https://gitter.im/digitalrebar/core
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackngo/
Next week we are releasing a new Podcast with David Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
Rob Hirschfeld and Greg Althaus are preparing for a series of upcoming events where they are speaking or just attending. If you are interested in meeting with them at these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DevOps Summit – Oct 31 – Nov 2: Rob Hirschfeld Talk
- OpenStack Summit Sydney – Nov 8: Rob Hirschfeld & Ihor Dvoretskyi “Building Kubernetes-based highly-customizable environments on OpenStack w/ Kubespray“
- CloudNativeCon + KubeCon – Dec 8 : Zero Configuration Pattern of Kubernetes on Bare Metal
If you are attending any of these events please reach out to Rob Hirschfeld to setup time to learn more about our solutions or discuss the latest industry trends.
- SRE Weekly (@SREWeekly)– Issue #93
- DevOps, SRE, & Operations – LINK
- The DevOps/WebOps Marketing Geek – LINKfrom @LukasHertig
- Julie Evans Blog – LINK