Joining us this week is Dave Blakey, CEO and Co-Founder Snapt.
Snapt develops high-end solutions for application delivery. We provide load balancing, web acceleration, caching and security for critical services.
- 1 min 28 sec: Introduction of Guest
- 1 min 59 sec: Overview of Snapt
- Software solution
- 3 min 1 sec: New Approach to Firewalls and Load Balancers
- Driven by customers with micro-services, containers, and dynamic needs
- Fast scale and massive volume needs
- Value is in quality of service and visibility into any anomaly
- 7 min 28 sec: Engaging with DevOps teams for Customer interactions
- Similar tools across multiple clouds and on-premises drives needs
- 80% is visibility and 20% is scalability
- Podcast – Honeycomb Observability
- 13 min 09 sec: Kubernetes and Istio
- Use cases remain the same independent of the technology
- Difference is in the operations not the setup
- Istio is an API for Snapt to plug into
- 17 min 29 sec: How do you manage globally delivered application stack?
- Have to go deep into app services to properly meet demand where needed
- Immutable deployments?
- 25 min 24 sec: Eliminate Complexity to Create Operational Opportunity
- 26 min 29 sec: Corporate Culture Fit in Snapt Team
- Built Snapt as they needed a product like Snapt
- Feature and Complexity Creep
- 28 min 48 sec: Does platform learn?
- 31 min 20 sec: Lessons about system communication times
- Lose 25% of audience per 1 second of website load time
- 34 min 34 sec: Wrap-Up
Podcast Guest: Dave Blakey, CEO and Co-Founder Snapt.
Dave Blakey founded Snapt in 2012 and currently serves as the company’s CEO.
Snapt now provides load balancing and acceleration to more than 10,000 clients in 50 countries. High-profile clients include NASA, Intel, and various other forward-thinking technology companies.
Today, Dave has evolved into a leading open-source software-defined networking thought leader, with deep domain expertise in high performance (carrier grade) network systems, management, and security solutions.
He is a passionate advocate for advancing South Africa’s start-up ecosystem and expanding the global presence of the country’s tech hub.