Welcome to the weekly post of the RackN blog recap of all things Digital Rebar, RackN, SRE, and DevOps. If you have any ideas for this recap or would like to include content please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet Rob (@zehicle) or RackN (@rackngo)
Items of the Week
Digital Rebar Online Community Meetup #3
- Digital Rebar Provision 3.2 Update
- Feature Tags
- Endpoint + UX
- Demo w/ Virtual Box
- Community Roundtable
Stay in Touch with the Community:
- Digital Rebar: http://rebar.digital/
- Documentation for Digital Rebar: http://provision.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#
- Slack Sign Up (preferred method): https://www.rackn.com/support/slack
- IRC Freenode: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23digitalrebar
- Gitter: https://gitter.im/digitalrebar/core
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackngo/
This week’s Podcast with David Linthicum, SVP Cloud Technology Partners on a variety of cloud related topics including DevOps, Containers, Edge Computing, etc.
For those interested in Podcasts but prefer to listen via YouTube, we have a new Playlist of all the Podcasts available.
Rishidot Research recently published a profile of the new RackN Beta program, Briefing Notes: RackN Launches in Beta. This document contains a Market Overview, RackN Offering, SWOT Analysis, and Conclusions.
Rishidot provided several key messages in their briefing notes that are worth highlighting:
- Bare Metal as a Service– offers a better fit for running containers in the enterprise without the overhead of virtualization.
- Simplification and Choice– by decoupling provisioning, management, and orchestration into distinct layers, RackN allows customers flexibility in choosing orchestration tools already in use
- Data Center vs Cloud – RackN automation to underlying infrastructure makes datacenter provisioning competitive in a cloud world
Read the Complete Briefing Notes
Disclosure: RackN has hired Rishidot in the past.
Rob Hirschfeld and Greg Althaus are preparing for a series of upcoming events where they are speaking or just attending. If you are interested in meeting with them at these events please email email@example.com
- DevOps Summit – Oct 31 – Nov 2: Rob Hirschfeld Talk
- OpenStack Summit Sydney – Nov 8: Rob Hirschfeld & Ihor Dvoretskyi “Building Kubernetes-based highly-customizable environments on OpenStack w/ Kubespray“
- CloudNativeCon + KubeCon – Dec 8 : Zero Configuration Pattern of Kubernetes on Bare Metal
If you are attending any of these events please reach out to Rob Hirschfeld to setup time to learn more about our solutions or discuss the latest industry trends.