Welcome to our new format for the RackN and Digital Rebar Weekly Review. It contains the same great information you are accustomed to; however, I have reorganized it to place a new section at the start with my thoughts on various topics. You can still find the latest news items related to Edge, DevOps and other relevant topics below.
Common Customer Challenges in Infrastructure Automation
RackN was started to solve the challenges faced in provisioning today’s heterogeneous IT environments with bare metal, containers, VMs, and in the future edge. Here are some common issues we are solving for today:
- How can I eliminate manual, repetitive tasks that often lead to mistakes?
- How can I merge my 15 different custom provisioning tools to 1 solution?
- How can leave Cobbler and move to a modern solution without disrupting my servers?
- How can I run my data center operationally like a cloud provider?
- How can I manage a heterogeneous environment without customization for each component?
- How can I reliably patch my software and hardware to upgrade security without significant downtown?
RackN Monthly Newsletter
We distribute a monthly email newsletter on the 2nd Monday every month focused on a common customer issue. This month’s topic is Cobbler replacement. See it here.
- Edge Computing
- DevOps, Containers and CD: What happens when theory is put to the test? : The Register
- It’s never too late to join the DevOps integration race : Information Age
- From DevOps to DevSecOps: Structuring Communication for Better Security : DARK Reading
- RackN talks Cloud Native Landscape on Rishidot.TV – Watch (4:07 Sec)
- RackN Trial – 30-day access to RackN technology with support and training from RackN team – Register Today
- NEW YouTube Videos from Rob Hirschfeld, CEO/Co-Founder RackN
- February Events
- Container World (Feb 26 – 28) in Santa Clara, CA
Digital Rebar Community
- February 13, 2018 Community Online Meetup – Recording
- Join Community Online Meetup
- Attend February 27, 2017 Community Online Meetup – Register Here
- NEW YouTube Videos Related to Digital Rebar
L8ist Sh9y Podcast
- Get to Know the L8ist Sh9y Podcast: Why of Technology not just the What (0:46 Sec)
- SoundCloud Home Page of L8ist Sh9y
- NEW Gina Rosenthal (Minks) on Ops Challenges, Day 2 Ops Support & DevOps Communications – Listen (51:29 Sec)
- Paul Teich on Enterprise Security, Hardware Issues at Edge, Augmented Reality and 5G – Listen (52:57 Sec)
- Coming Next Week – Nic Jackson on HashiCorp Product Philosophy in Open Source and Feature Minimization