Joining us this week is Richard Primeaux, Head of Product and Strategy, Hangar Technology.
About Hangar Technology
Hangar, headquartered in Austin, TX, with a mission to unify the full stack of software essential to power autonomous robotics-as-a-system. A platform to be implemented for the empowerment of an array of capital, construction, and infrastructure support industries–the industries that are a cornerstone of the world’s economy and constitute the largest single component of the USA’s GDP.
Today, Hangar is a foremost leader in this promising transformation fueled by advances in mobile robotics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence that are ushering in a new age of autonomicity — and most likely a whole new computer epoch; one where mobile cognitive machines match, outperform or enhance human performance in a range of work activities—the “Cognitive Era.”
- Cars are the wrong choice for autonomous vehicles – test out on autonomous drones for infrastructure projects (e.g. new buildings, cell towers, …)
- Mission plans delivered to drone for execution as a robot
- What is a robot? Difficult – Dangerous – High Degree of Repeatability – Dull Tasks
- Robot is controlled from program that is run independent of a controller
- 4-D visual insights delivered to customers
- Robotics as a System ~ requires a great deal of components for success; not just electronics
- What an Edge infrastructure will look like to support these robots
- GPS accuracy is not enough for flying robotics
- Supporting external influences that happen in real time
- Building multi-vendor edges coordinating data
- Discussion on how car automation can learn from drone automation
Topic Time (Minutes.Seconds)
Introduction 0.0 – 1.52
What is the right autonomous vehicle? 1.52 – 4.12 (Matt Trifiano Podcast)
Spatial platforms for robotic automation 4.12 – 5.29
Definition of robots 5.29 – 6.07
How robot operates automatically? 6.07 – 9.14
Robotics as a system 9.14 – 10.15
Define Kinetic Edge 10.15 – 12.22 (Demo Video)
Micro location Edge use case 12.22 – 16.36
Physical limitations and application placement 16.36 – 19.40
Building a multi-vendor Edge ecosystem 19.40 – 25.42
What to inspect and construction safety 25.42 – 27.43
Cars follow same process as drones 27.43 – 29.47
Adding fixed camera to monitor drone 29.47 – 32.17
Wrap Up 32.17 – END
Podcast Guest: Richard Primeaux, VP Product & Strategy, Hangar Technology
Primeaux brings over 35 years experience in the design, development, marketing and selling of innovative technology solutions to customers and large enterprises. His engagement with Hangar began at the formation of the company in 2016, joining entrepreneur and long-time collaborator Jeff DeCoux, Founder & CEO of Hangar in his new mission to bring autonomous robotics and 4D visual intelligence solutions to multiple industries.
Over the last 3 decades, he has been instrumental in helping over a dozen start-up companies in various fund raising and marketing roles and feels most satisfaction in the earlier stages of solution development and of helping drive rapid company growth.