The Dell Crowbar team is working to improve road map transparency. In the last few weeks, the Crowbar community has become more active on our lists, testing builds, and helping with documentation.
We love the engagement and continue to make supporting the list a priority.
Participation in Crowbar, OpenStack and Hadoop has been exceeding our expectations and we’re working to implement more community support and process. Thank you!!!
Our next steps:
- I’ve committed to post sprint plans and summary pages (this is the first)
- New Crowbar Twitter account
- I’m going to setup feature voting on the Crowbar Facebook page (like to vote)
- Continue to work the listserv and videos. We need help converting those to documentation on the crowbar wiki.
- Formalize collaborator agreements – we’re working with legal on this
- Exploring the option of a barclamp certification program and Crowbar support
- Moving to a gated trunk model for internal commits to improve quality
- Implementing a continuous integration system that includes core and barclamps. This will be part of our open source components.
We are working towards the 1.2 release (Beta 1) . That release is focused on supporting OpenStack but includes enhancements for upgrades, Hadoop, and additional OS support.
Our Sprint 111111 plan.
Source: Crowbar Wiki: [[sprint 111111]]
- Theme: OpenStack Diablo Final release candidate.
- Core Work: Refine Deployment for Nova, Glance, Nova Dashboard (horizon), keystone, swift
- New additions: mySQL barclamp, Nova HA networking, kong
- Crowbar internals: expose error states for proposals, allow packages to be included with barclamps to make upgrades easier, barclamp group pages
- Operating system: added CentOS
- Documentation: we’ve split the user guides into distinct books so Crowbar, OpenStack, and Hadoop each have their own user guide.
- Pending action: expose the Hadoop barclamps
- OS note: OpenStack is being tested (at Dell) against Ubuntu 10.10 only. Hadoop was tested against RHEL 5.7 and we expect it to work against CentOS also.