Joining us this week is Syed Zaeem Hosain, CTO and Founder of Aeris from the KeyBanc Emerging Tech Summit.
Aeris is a technology partner with a proven history of helping companies unlock the value of IoT. For more than a decade, we’ve powered critical projects for some of the most demanding customers of IoT services. Aeris strives to fundamentally improve businesses by dramatically reducing costs, accelerating time-to-market, and enabling new revenue streams. Built from the ground up for IoT and globally tested at scale, Aeris IoT Services are based on the broadest technology stack in the industry, spanning connectivity up to vertical solutions. As veterans of the industry, we know that implementing an IoT solution can be complex, and we pride ourselves on making it simpler.
- 0 min 48 sec: Introduction of Guest
- 1 min 27 sec: Edge is already here for Aeris – Mobile Data Presence
- Support customers who have a need for long distance data transport over cellular
- Focused on device connectivity
- Edge devices will have processing power of their own
- 4 min 31 sec: Car as Edge Data Center Issues
- Better to move processing off the car? Cost issue for sending data via cellular
- Tire Pressure System Example
- 5G Cost may not be dramatically lower as people expect
- 7 min 24sec: Can’t Send all Data Back ~ Need Local Machine Learning
- Great deal of irrelevant data (e.g. Tire pressure)
- Can send lots of data to train models as well – Airplane example
- 12 min 04 sec: Dave McCrory Podcast on Airplane Use Case / Data Gravity
- Security in Data Gathering Algorithms – Must validate the source of data
- Use of aggregated data to monitor data validity
- 17 min 11 sec: Sharing of Data in Edge Models
- Issues with Security, Ownership, etc of data
- Windshield wipers on cars for weather info
- Source of data – how participate in money chain?
- 21 min 45 sec: Billing for Pennies is a Problem
- Billing systems are in issue to track revenue
- ROI in IoT space is an open issue
- 23 min 36 sec: Blockchain can help here?
- Chain would grow to fast in IoT world (e.g. 2 Billion Msgs a day)
- Val Blockchain Podcast
- 25 min 21 sec: What is the ROI for adding more devices into IoT model
- Medical sensors (skin monitoring, pressure points in eye for monitoring)
- Human privacy is a massive issue in this space
- 34 min 02 sec: BOOK – Definitive Guide to IoT for Business (Free)
- 35 min 37 sec: Wrap-Up
Podcast Guest: Syed Zaeem Hosain, CTO and Founder of Aeris
Mr. Hosain is responsible for the architecture and future direction of Aeris’ networks and technology strategy. He joined Aeris in 1996 as Vice President, Engineering and is a member of the founding executive team of Aeris. Mr. Hosain has more than 38 years of experience in the semiconductor, computer, and telecommunications industries, including product development, architecture design, and technical management. Prior to joining Aeris, he held senior engineering and management positions at Analog Devices, Cypress Semiconductor, CAD National, and ESS Technology. Mr. Hosain is Chairman of the International Forum on ANSI‐41 Standards Technology (IFAST) and Chairman of the IoT M2M Council (IMC). He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.