Many IT departments struggle with keeping “the lights on” as legacy hardware and software consume significant resources preventing the team from taking advantage of new technologies to modernize their infrastructure. These legacy issues not only consume resources but also cause challenges to find qualified experts to keep them operational as the older the technology the less likely to find experienced support. Even worse, new employees are typically not interested in working on old technology while the IT press obsesses on what comes next.
Freezing older technology in place without capable support or an understanding of how the product works is certainly not an industry best practice; however, it is commonly accepted in many large IT organizations. RackN has built a single, open source platform to manage not just new technologies but also legacy services allowing IT teams to actively engage the older technology without fear.
Issue: Expertise & the Unknown
- Existing Infrastructure – legacy technology abounds in modern enterprise infrastructure with few employees capable of maintaining
- State of the Art vs the Past – new employees are experienced in the latest technology and not interested in working on legacy solutions
Impact: Left Behind
- Stuck in the Past – IT teams are unwilling to touch old technology that just works
- Employee Exodus – limited future for employees maintaining the past
RackN Solution: Stagnation to Action
- Operations Excellence – RackN’s foundational management ensures IT can operate services regardless of platform (e.g. data center, public cloud, etc)
- Operational Paralysis – RackN delivers a single platform for IT to single platform capable of supporting existing solutions, newly arriving technologies as well as prepare for future innovation down the road.
The RackN team is ready to unlock your operational potential by preventing paralysis:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the 30-day RackN Trial
- Get started with the open source Digital Rebar Provision solution