Joining us this week is the team from Blockchain Technology Partners: Duncan-Johnston-Watt, Kevin O’Donnell, and Mike Zaccardo live from GlueCon 2018 in Colorado.
Blockchain Technology Partners is an Edinburgh-based technology startup:
- Mission – to radically simplify the enterprise adoption of blockchain technologies
- Goal – to reduce the cost and complexity of doing business through decentralization while ensuring trust, transparency and accountability in a distributed world
- Focus – providing a production-ready blockchain platform and partnering with businesses to deliver blockchain-based solutions
- Who is Blockchain Technology Partners and Company Objectives
- What is Blockchain: Distributed Transaction Log and Consensus
- Decentralization of Ledgers and Centralization Weakness (Bitcoin e.g)
- Use Cases for Blockchain
- Publication Components of Blockchain; its Middle-Ware
- Trusted Authorities and Broker Replacement (Shipping e.g.)
- Edge Computing and Blockchain Examples
- Data Responsibility and Local Blockchains
- Blockchain Technology Partners Open Source Model and Technology
Topic Time (Minutes.Seconds)
Introduction 0.0 – 0.47
Blockchain Technology Partners – What are you doing? 0.47 – 1.52
What is Blockchain? (Proof of Elapsed Time) 1.52 – 5.17
Common Thread of Decentralization 5.17 – 10.13
Block of Use Cases 10.13 – 11.55
Publication Component of Blockchain 11.55 – 14.05
Trusted Authorities / Broker / Supply Chain 14.05 – 17.52
Medical Waste Handling Example 17.52 – 19.01
Edge Computing and Blockchain 19.01 – 20.11
Multi-Vendor IoT Devices and Multiple Clouds 20.11 – 25.49
Data at Edge Accumulation (Tokenizing Data) 25.49 – 27.51
Description of Open Source Model for BTP 27.51 – 31.08
Wrap Up 31.08 – END
- Duncan Johnston-Watt (Chief Executive Officer)
Duncan is a serial entrepreneur and pioneer with thirty years’ experience in the software industry.
He founded Cloudsoft Corporation, creator of the Apache Brooklyn open source project, serving as its CEO for nine years. Previously he was founder and CTO of Enigmatec Corporation which was sold to iWave and subsequently acquired by EMC.
Prior to this he had a number of fintech roles. At Instinet he led the delivery of their Fixed Income brokerage platform. In recognition of this work pioneering the use of Java enterprise technologies in Financial Services he was nominated for a Computerworld Smithsonian Award.
- Kevin O’Donnell (Chief Strategy Officer)
Kevin is co-founder of the DevOps platform Chill Code. He served as VP Infrastructure & Operations at JP Morgan from September 2012 until July 2016. Prior to this he served as VP Operations, Video Analytics at Nielsen following its acquisition of Glance Guide in March 2010 where he was VP Operations form December 2007.
Kevin has worked with Duncan at both Instinet Corporation where he was Director, Global Fixed Income Engineering and Enigmatec Corporation Limited where he served as VP, Product Management for four years.
Kevin has over 20 years’ experience delivering large-scale production systems, much of it gained on Wall Street, focusing on automation and operations. He holds a BA in Philosophy from Vanderbilt University.
- Mike Zaccardo (Lead Blockchain Engineer)
Mike is a computer scientist, comedian, traveler, and dancer.
As a senior software engineer at Cloudsoft, he worked with Duncan deploying and managing bleeding edge open source distributed systems including Hyperledger Fabric.
Mike also enjoys performing improv comedy and traveling the world, making dance videos along the way.
He holds a B.S. in Computer Science from John Hopkins University.