Joining us this week is Chetan Venkatesh, CEO/President of Macrometa, a stealth startup. Chetan is actively engaged in the data issues for edge computing and provides insight into the reality of edge computing and its changes in application development and delivery.
Sample posts from Chetan:
- Overview of Edge Computing and Chetan’s 3 Edges
- Internet of things, gateways and data aggregation
- Can Telcos compete against cloud providers?
- How apps handle massive scale? Developer’s support? Distributed architecture?
- Multi-tenancy impact on edge infrastructure?
- Re-think where data resides to support user location
- What is possible with IoT is unknown
- What are the first movers in the edge computing space?
Topic Time (Minutes.Seconds)
Introduction 0.0 – 1.20
Background Info (Journey to Edge) 1.20 – 4:18
Edge Computing Definition (3 Edges) 4:18 – 7.28
Car as IoT? 7.28 – 9.05
IoT Gateways 9.05 – 10.57
Data Aggregation 10.57 – 14.51
Can Telcos Build the Infrastructure like Cloud Providers? 14.51 – 19.03
App Management / Data State Problem 19.03 – 29.00 (Redis Lab Podcast)
Distributed Edge Infrastructure – Multi-Tenant? 29.00 – 32.16
Where Data Reside for Edge? (Not Blockchain) 32.16 – 37.59
Value of Data & IoT Possibilities 37.59 – 40.14
First Movers in this Space 40.14 – 44.33 (Dishwasher as a Service)
Wrap Up 44.33 – END
Podcast Guest: Chetan Venkatesh, CEO/President Macrometa
Founder and executive focused on enterprise data center, cloud infrastructure, and software products/companies. Strong competency in helping early-stage teams find & exploit product-market fit, early customer wins to repeat sales and scaling startups from pre-revenue to growth stage and profitability. Experienced in building strong and productive teams in sales, product development, product management, gaining early lighthouse customer wins, stage centric positioning with customers & partners, venture scaling and capital raise (equity and debt) Chetan Venkatesh was the Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Atlantis.