Joining us this week is Rich Miller, CEO and Managing Director of Telematica, Inc.
- GitHub and Microsoft Discussion ~ Why is GitHub so Valuable?
- Evolution of Open Source and its Commercial Aspects
- Monetization of Open Source Depends on Services for Success
- Container Management and Marketplace for Innovation
- ISV Ecosystem ~ All About Big Money and the New Tech Investment Thesis
- Multi-Platforms / Multi-CSP Change the Nature of Innovation from the Independents
- Edge Computing will Disrupt the Locus of Opportunities
- The Edge Marketplace and Cloud Platform Marketplace Must Appear Unified to Developers
- Edge Infrastructure Multi-Tenancy and Development Challenges
- Distributed Ledger at Edge is the Killer Edge App
- How will Cloud, Blockchain and Edge be Driven toward Integration in the Future? Email Example
Topic Time (Minutes.Seconds)
Introduction 0.0 – 4.16
How GitHub become so important? 4.16 – 10.05
Open Source evolution 10.05 – 14.11
Only make money via open source services not sol’n 14.11 – 21.30
Only large companies can dominate software? 21.30 – 30.05
ISVs have a strong current against them 30.05 – 34.55
As a Service on Multiple Platforms 34.55 – 38.07 (Mark Thiele Podcast)
Data and IoT at Edge ~ Edge creates the new market 38.07 – 41.31
IT Infrastructure at Edge 41.31 – 47.09
Return of ISV Roots at Edge 47.09 – 49.46
Killer app for blockchain is Edge data husbandry 49.46 – 51.27
What has to happen to merge Cloud and Edge? 51.27 – 58.44
Closing 58.44 – END
Podcast Guest: Rich Miller, CEO and Managing Director of Telematica, Inc.
Rich Miller is CEO of Telematica, Inc., a holding company and consultancy with a practice in product strategy and business development for distributed computing technologies and their management; data governance, integration and monetization; and, increasingly, focus on distributed ledger technologies and industrial IoT.
Until mid-2017, he served as the non-executive Chairman of Cloudsoft Corp. Ltd. (Edinburgh).
Rich is also a co-Founder and, until May 2012, CEO of StreetLight Data Inc. He served as CEO of Replicate Technologies, Inc., a provider of configuration management technology for virtualized data centers from 2007 – 2010. Prior to Replicate, he co-founded and served as COO of Univa Corporation (now Univa, Inc.), a provider of optimization and management software for conventional and cloud data centers.
Among Telematica’s business and product strategy engagements are industry leaders like PwC, GE Digital, IBM as well as enterprise and governmental organizations pursuing digital transformation.
Miller’s career as advisor, executive, and an early investor, has focused on overseeing the formation of technology companies and their offerings that provide security applications, wireless network infrastructure, and application service infrastructures.