Welcome to the weekly post of the RackN blog recap of all things Digital Rebar, RackN, SRE, and DevOps. If you have any ideas for this recap or would like to include content please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet Rob (@zehicle) or RackN (@rackngo)
Items of the Week
Join us Tuesday November 7th at 11am PST for our next Digital Rebar Online Community Meetup #4.
Long-time community member going back to the original Project Crowbar days Will Dennis talks with Rob Hirschfeld in in this week’s Podcast about the value of Digital Rebar technology as an operator for a complex lab environment.
Stay in Touch with the Community:
- Digital Rebar: http://rebar.digital/
- Documentation for Digital Rebar: http://provision.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#
- Slack Sign Up (preferred method): https://www.rackn.com/support/slack
- IRC Freenode: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23digitalrebar
- Gitter: https://gitter.im/digitalrebar/core
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackngo/
We released our 2nd White Paper this week: The New Economics for Data Center Infrastructure: RackN Automation Improves Speed and Agility by Reducing Cost and Risk.
RackN’s mission is to fix the current lack of fast, simple and standard ways to manage fundamental data center infrastructure activities. These include updating server firmware, operating systems and integrating provisioning into application life-cycles. RackN on-premises software integrates easily with existing processes while providing a clear path from home-grown scripting to common best-practices. RackN customers achieve a 10x performance improvement by automating provisioning and orchestration. Like any building activity, a solid foundation makes the entire stack more robust and secure.
Podcast with Bernard Golden
We spoke to Bernard Golden about his recent blog post Edge Computing and the Death of Cloud: Nonsense.
For those of you who prefer to access Podcasts via YouTube, all L8ist Sh9y podcasts are now available at this Playlist.
Rob Hirschfeld and Greg Althaus are preparing for a series of upcoming events where they are speaking or just attending. If you are interested in meeting with them at these events please email email@example.com
- OpenStack Summit Sydney – Nov 8: Rob Hirschfeld & Ihor Dvoretskyi “Building Kubernetes-based highly-customizable environments on OpenStack w/ Kubespray“
- Gartner IT Infrastructure, Operations Management and Data Center – Dec 4 – 7 Event Link
- CloudNativeCon + KubeCon – Dec 8 : Zero Configuration Pattern of Kubernetes on Bare Metal
If you are attending any of these events please reach out to Rob Hirschfeld to setup time to learn more about our solutions or discuss the latest industry trends.