You may be eager to dig in; however, disruptiveness of these changes means that we are taking extra time to make sure that the build and install still work.
Here’s what you’ll see when we commit the changes:
Changes in naming to be more generic
- Crowbar server user/pass is now crowbar/crowbar (was openstack/openstack)
- Rails app path now crowbar_framework (was openstack_manager )
The pre-split barclamps (/change-image/dell/barclamps/*) have been moved into individual github repos (barclamp-*).
- Barclamps are pulled into the build using “git submodule”
- Chef scripts for barclamps are no longer copied and comingled together in the chef directory. They remain in their source directories (default /opt/dell/barclamps)
Inside the barclamps, you’ll find
- A crowbar configuration file to direct the barclamp installer including localization and menu extensions.
- Path changes to better align with the destination paths (command_line -> bin, app ->crowbar_framework)
- App views moved under subdirectories
Changes to installation scripts
- Barclamp installation changed to a ruby library so it can do more and be used individually outside of the install process. This allows barclamps to be imported or updated after installation.
- Changes to create accommodate multiple operating systems
Addition of a “redhat-5.6-extra” directory with the RHEL 5.6 installation build components.
- The RHEL version installs Opcode Chef Server 0.10 (Ubuntu is still 0.9 – community help here?)
- Crowbar framework Rails app runs under Rainbow instead of Apache.
The code for the framework and the barclamp installer has been moved into the crowbar barclamp.
- The installer bootstraps the crowbar barclamp to install itself.
The network barclamp has been substantially changed – that will require additional documentation. Features include
- Concept of “conduits” that are constructed on nodes to be shared between barclamps
- Ability to map adapters in a general way to deal with inconsistent enumeration
- Mapping conduits to adapters allows for new teaming and multiple teaming configurations
We’ll post to the Crowbar listserv when changes. They will be posted to Crowbar HEAD. If you want the current build, we have created a “v1.0” tag.