Sorry for the brevity… At the last Austin OpenStack meetup, we had >60 stackers! Some from as far away as Portland and Boston (as in Oregon and Massachusetts).
- Suse introduced their OpenStack beta and talked about their Suse Studio that can deploy images against the OpenStack APIs
- I showed off DevStack.org code that can setup the truck of OpenStack (now Essex) in about 10 minutes on a single node. Great for developers!
- I showed an OpenStack Diablo Final deployment from Crowbar. I focused mainly on Dashboard and used our reference architecture (see below) as illustration of the many parts.
- Matt Ray suggested everyone watch the webcasts about the OpenStack Foundation (Thurs 6pm central & Friday 9am central)
- We planned the next few meetups.
- For February, we’ll talk about Swift and Dashboard.
- For March, we’ll talk about Essex and DevStack to prep for the next design summit (in SF).
- For April, we’ll debrief the conference