Some important general notes:
- We are RECORDING everything and will link posts from the event page.
- There is HOMEWORK if you want to get ahead by installing OpenStack yourself.
- For last minute updates about the event, I recommend that you join the Crowbar Listserver.
Content Logistics work like this.
- Everything will be available ONLINE. We are also coordinating many physical sites as rally points.
- Introductory: FOUR 3-hour sessions for people who do not have OpenStack or Crowbar experience. These sessions will show how to install OpenStack using Crowbar, discuss DevOps and showcase companies that are in the OpenStack ecosystem. They are planned to have 2 European slots (afternoon & evening), 3 US slots (morning, afternoon & evening), and 1 Asian slot (morning).
- Expert: ON-GOING deep technical sessions for engineers who have OpenStack and/or Crowbar experience. There will be one main screen and voice channel in which we are planning to highlight and discuss these topics in blocks throughout the day. We have a long list of topics to discuss and will maintain an ongoing Google Hangout for each topic. Depending on interest, we will jump back and forth to different hangouts.
Intro/Overview Session Logistics work like this
We’re planning FOUR introductory sessions throughout the day (read ahead?). Each session should be approximately 3 hours. The first hour of the sessions will be about OpenStack Essex and installing it using Crowbar. After some Q&A, we’re going to highlight the OpenStack ecosystem. The schedule for the ecosystem is in flux and will likely shift even during the event.
The Session start times for Overview & Ecosystem content
|Region||EDT||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Asia (Toyko)||+10||*||*||*||6/1 10 am|
* There are no planned live venues at this time/region. You are always welcome to join online!
Experts Track Logistics
Note: we expect experts to have already installed OpenStack (see homework page). Ideally, an expert has already setup a build environment.
We have a list of topics (Essex, Quantum, Networking, Pull from Source, Documentation, etc) that we plan to cover on a 30-60 minute rotation.
We will cover the OpenStack Essex deploy at the start of each planned session (9am, Noon, 3pm & 8pm EDT). Before we cover the OpenStack deploy, we’ll spend 10 minutes setting (and posting) the agenda for the next three hours based on attendee input.
Even if we are not talking about a topic on the main channel, we will keep a dialog going on topic specific Google hangouts. The links to the hangouts will be posted with the Expert track agenda.