Joining us this week is Antonio Pellegrino, Founder & CEO at Mutable.
Mutable helps software developers create scalable and fast web services by automating DevOps and providing edge technology all around the world.
- 0 min 35 sec: Introduction of Guest
- 1 min 09 sec: Are you products edge-focused or just a market to promote to?
- Building products to meet customers need for containers including edge
- 2 min 58 sec: Sounds like a platform?
- Developers create policies on latency, hardware needs, etc
- 5 min 51 sec: Be aware of the location and structure of deployment hardware
- Includes management and tracking of network traffic
- Services see everything as one network even though it isn’t
- 7 min 49 sec: Why not Kubernetes instead?
- Kubernetes built for single network
- 9 min 16 sec: Edge vs Core
- Temporary services is a big factor in edge
- HBO and Games of Throne example for supporting access to the feed
- 13 min 45 sec: Edge is not infinitely elastic
- Facial recognition example on iPhone
- 17 min 53 sec: Algorithm to spin up services when needed not always available
- 19 min 52 sec: How does software learn what to spin up and down
- 21 min 22 sec: How do you manage storage?
- Follows standard S3 storage model
- 24 min 15 sec: NiCs are a core component ~ language for packet management
- Sounds like a micro-kernel
- Why people don’t leverage this concept more often?
- 28 min 32 sec: Manipulate and manage networking at application layer
- Mutable is building a full stack
- Operator approach vs developer approach on networking
- 33 min 21 sec: Control Plane challenges
- 34 min 27 sec: What is the starting experience with Mutable like?
- 35 min 55 sec: How is cable industry responding to edge computing?
- Opportunity to deploy 5G
- 39 min 23 sec: Wrap-Up
Podcast Guest: Antonio Pellegrino, CEO and founder if Mutable
Antonio is the CEO and founder of Mutable, the next generation platform as a service for microservices and distributed computing. He is a serial entrepreneur, and ran one of the largest e-sports streaming companies of its time. Antonio has built startups centered around developer tools for the past 8 years, saving their customers millions of dollars. Mutable has been a driver in microservices while distributed computing as we now it, allowing developers to push the application to the edge.